About Family First
Family First, or to use its full legal term ‘Family First Party Australia Ltd’ is a mainstream political party registered with the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) and the Australian Security and Investment Commission (ASIC). Family First currently has two members in the South Australian parliament, Hon Dennis Hood MLC and Hon Robert Brokenshire MLC.
- Family First believes families should be at the centre of our Australian way of life, not politicians and government bureaucracies.
- Family First’s aim is for families to be self reliant – “a home of your own, kids doing well, reliable car in the garage, healthy food in the fridge, safe neighbourhood to live in, finances under control etc.” Families care for the elderly, the disabled, the mentally unwell, the unemployed, single parents and others who have fallen on hard times.
- Family First believes public finances should be diverted from expensive (high tax) government bureaucracies to families.
- When funding public services (education, health, public transport etc), Family First believes governments should, wherever possible, fund the ‘user’ of the service rather than the ‘provider
- Family First believes property rights, free markets and voluntary arrangements provide the best opportunity for Australia and Australians to prosper.
- Family First believes government controls over the lives of its citizens should be wound back and individuals should be encouraged to take more responsibility for their lives.
- Family First believes it is now the only Party that can be relied on to promote policies and defend values that most Australians hold dear